What is Shaw Go WiFi?
Shaw Go WiFi Guest Access is a limited service that provides non-Shaw customers (otherwise known as "Guests") the ability to access the Shaw Go WiFi network with certain limitations. Guests to the Shaw Go WiFi network can connect to "ShawGuest" at particular locations to receive public WiFi access.
What is Guest Access?
Guests to the Shaw Go WiFi network can connect to "ShawGuest" at particular locations to receive Public WiFi access. At a ShawGuest hotspot, you can connect to the Shaw Go WiFi network at no charge, subject to a 500 MB monthly data cap.
I'm in a Shaw Go WiFi Guest hotspot, but I don't see "ShawGuest"
If you are in a location with Shaw Go WiFi but are not seeing the "ShawGuest" on your device, you may be connecting to a hotspot that does not support Guest Access. Try moving to another spot in the location and look for "ShawGuest" again.
How do I create a Guest Account?
As a new Guest to the network that visits a ShawGuest hotspot with Free Public WiFi, you will be required to create a Guest Account in order to access the network. To create a new Guest Account, connect to an available ShawGuest network, and then open your Internet browser. Select "Create Guest Account" from the login page and follow the account creation process.
In order to create a Guest Account, you will need to provide the following:
- Phone Number
- Postal Code
Why do I have to agree to receive special offers from Shaw?
To receive complimentary access to Shaw Go WiFi, you must agree to allow Shaw to send you special offers.
You can unsubscribe from receiving special offers at any time. If you do so, your account will be deleted and you will no longer receive access to Shaw Go WiFi. If you later decide that you would like to connect again, create a new Guest Account.
How do I sign into Guest Access?
When you are in a ShawGuest hotspot…
First Time Guest
- Access the Network/WiFi settings on your device
- Select ShawGuest from the list of networks
- Open a web Browser
- Click "Create Guest Account"
- Fill out the required information
- Click "Get Connected"
- Log in using your email address and password
- The WiFi session will end when you leave a ShawGuest hotspot, or when you have reached the monthly data cap.
I did not receive an Activation Email
If you have not yet verified your account, log in to the ShawGuest network and you will be prompted to complete the verification process. Here, you will have the option to resend the verification email.
If you recently updated your Guest Account email address, a new verification email will automatically be sent.
What happens if I don't verify my account right away?
That's okay. You have 15 days to verify your account from the time you created it. If you try to verify your account after the 15 days, you will need to create a new Guest Account.
After I activated my Guest Account, I had to log in again. Why?
After you have created your Guest Account, Shaw provides you with 5 minutes of WiFi activity to check your email address in order to activate your account. Once the 5 minutes expires, you will need to log in with your Guest Account credentials (email address and password) again.
How I do manage my Guest Account?
You can manage your personal information, view data usage and update your email address and password. To manage your Guest Account, click Manage Account at the bottom of any page after signing in.
- Update Email Address: if you would like to provide a new email address, you will be required to go through the email verification process again.
- Delete Account: You can delete your Account at any time. If at a later date you would like to log in to the network again you will be required to create a new Guest Account.
View Usage History
The Manage Account page also tells you the amount of Guest Access data allowance you've used.
How do I recover my password?
If you are unable to remember your Guest Account password, you can create a new password by following these steps:
- Access the Network/WiFi settings on your device
- Select ShawGuest from the list of networks when in a Shaw Go WiFi Guest hotspot
- Open a Web Browser on your device
- Select "Forgot your Password?"
- Provide the email you used to create your Guest Account
- Check your email to reset your password
- Provide new password and save
In order to check your email, Shaw has provided you with 5 minutes of WiFi access. If you are unable to check your email right away to reset your password, you will be required to request a password reset again.
I can't remember which email address I used to create my Guest Account
If you are unable to remember which email address you used to create your Guest Account, you will need to create a new Guest Account.
Why did my Guest Account expire?
If you have not used your Guest Account in the past 60 days, your account will expire and will be deleted. If you later decided that you would like to use the Shaw Go WiFi Guest service again, you will need to create a new Guest Account.
How do I delete my Guest Account?
We are sad to see you go! If you would like to delete your Guest Account, do so by logging into the Guest network using your email address and password. From there, select Manage Account, then Delete Account.
If you later decide that you would like to use the Shaw Go WiFi Guest service again, you will need to create a new Guest Account.
Having problems signing in as a Guest?
If you're having trouble connecting to a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot as a Guest, it could be due to any of the following reasons:
- You've reached your data cap — You are eligible to receive 500MB of data per 30 days. If you reach this data cap before the 30 days, you will have to wait until the following month to connect again.
- Missing information in fields — You must fill out all fields in order to receive WiFi access.
- Agree to receive special offers from Shaw — you must agree to receive marketing information from Shaw in order to receive WiFi access.
- Possible network errors — Infrequent network errors may occur which could cause a hotspot to become unavailable for short periods of time. If you see an error message, please wait or try reconnecting at a later time.
- Connected but unable to access the Internet — If you appear to be connected but cannot access the Internet, move to another Guest WiFi hotspot.
Still need help? Call 1-855-877-WIFI (9434) and report your location and error.